Holy crap do I have a lot to cover in this issue of Animerica. Part 3 of “Beyond Sailor Moon” covers Sailor Moon SuperS and and Sailor Stars. I’ve noticed from Google Analytics that more people check out the magazines with Sailor Moon. I scanned this feature since it covers a lot of all things Sailor Moon.
- Anime Shopping Guide from 1998. Two pages of where you could buy Anime in North America.
- Here is a list of all the Anime and Manga companies in 1998. First mention of Media Blasters is from this list. I like that the phone number is given – I wonder how many calls they got just to talk about anime.
- “State of the Art” – feature new publications Chibi Pop Manga and manga making in-roads into the US market.
- Ad for Revolutionary Girl Utena – next month’s issue is a feature and cover for this series.
- Ad and Review for Vision of Escaflowne – One of my top 5 favorite shows.
- The award for the worst ad goes to UrbanVison.
- First ad for Pokemon
- Tons of Halloween fan art
- And finally…why be coy with ad headlines when you can just state the obvious. Take a loo at the ADV/Soft Cel ad.