In the ’90s while North America had Protoculture Addicts and Animerica, the UK had a couple of anime magazines.
This is an issue of Manga Mania, edited by Helen McCarthy and Editorial Assistants Jonathan Clements and Martin Eden. Spend a couple of minutes and check out their personal sites for more info on these people.
I like the tone of UK anime magazines. They read very conversational and honest – calling a spade a spade – with a lot of news and speculation of future projects.
- Princess Ghost does sound more interesting/cooler than Princess Mononoke in my opinion.
- UK convention write-ups and a fanzine review
- Reviews for Tenchi Muyo!, Grappler Baki, Zeoraima: Project Hades, Gunsmith Cats, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Detonator Orgun, MD Geist and Black Jack
- Article profiling composer and arranger Shiro Sagisu – mainly about Neon Genesis Evengelion work
- Kia Asamiya is profiled as well.
Leave a Reply