In This Issue of Animerica – ANIME! – what a shocker.
- Part 2 of the “Summer of Anime” Project A-Kon 8 in Dallas, Texas is the featured con report. Highlights include a fire alarm clearing the convention – that never gets old. I like the one page of color photos. You’ll be seeing more of these con reports with pics when they pop up in an issue – similar to fan art.
- Baby Got Crack! – That would be my tagline for Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer
- The Anime – Japanimation battle has a new challenger in this ad. “Mangamania Club of America” – for US Manga Corps – a label selling anime…
- Armitage Poly-Matrix The Third – ad by Pioneer – FINALLY a not crappy ad from Pioneer!
- The oddest sales point award goes to: “Sound design by Frank Serafine Academy Award winner for “The Hunt For Red October” for the Armitage ad.
- This is also the first title to release VHS, DVD and Laserdisc at the same time. Bonus: The DVD and Laserdisc costs the same at $29.98.
- Ad for the Neon Genesis Evangelion manga comic book.
- The theme of this month’s anime fan art is “Track Meet” The Ranma 1/2 DBZ and Sailor Moon 90’s fan art is awesome!
- The Anime Nation section showcases a Ranma 1/2 hook rug and a Sailor Moon decorated birthday cake.
Leave a Reply