Part II of the Macross “Summer of Love” 15th Anniversary of the series airing in Japan. The second part deals with all the numerous CD soundtracks and the article “Evolution of the Valkyrie” – goes through all the different designs and models from Macross Plus, Macross 7 and Macross II.
The other main item I found in this issue is the full introduction of ADV Films modern logo – the one everybody recognizes. The first ad is for Neon Genesis Evangelion Genesis 0:13 on VHS (as in 13 volumes with 2 episodes on each tape) ADV’s claims “…the most controversial series ever animated!” ?!REALLY?! – I think Ralph Bakshi’s “Fritz The Cat'” released in 1972 was more controversial. …really
ADV also has a new slogan “Animation for a New Generation” and makes the case by spelling out in the ad’s with the oldest cliche headline “These Are Not Your Grandfather’s Cartoons!”
- 3rd Annual Animerica Fan Awards get the shaft for the second straight year with not even a full page.
- Patlabor Mobile Police TV Series VHS ad from Central Park Media (I snicker a Borders tagline in their logo)
- Animessages has a great debate on whether Animerica is perpetuating the Anime=porn debate. Take a read.
- I haven’t posted a VHS review in a while so read this one on Kimagure Orange Road: Summers Beginning. Also on the page is the listing of all the current anime companies. Notice that Bandai Entertainment hasn’t arrived to the stage yet. Soon.
- This month’s award for “Title That Time Forgot” goes to Manga’s Vampire Wars. With a close second place going to CPM’s Silent Service.
- This month’s fan art theme was dance and you can see the Sailor Spice Girls.
- Bastard!! is a great logo for a show. Bonus points for two exclamation points.