First Appearance of InuYasha in this issue. It’s the Rumiko Takahashi Special issue.
- The first InuYasha ad is for the comic book version – 32 pages $2.95. Not the manga volume form yet. I love the call out in the ad: Viz ’97 – We are what’s next
- “Monsters, Martial Arts, Romance.” Until now I never thought of explaining the show in so few words that really resonate with the story.
- The Shadow Skill ad is really really 90s Photoshop advertising. This ad is the first to reference the word DVD.
- Pioneer still doesn’t have their advertising chops in order. Such a dysfunctional and oddly styled ad. And still no URL website.
- It took 5 volumes but Neon Genesis Evengelion finally has it’s own full page ad. The EVA Units battle their greatest foes yet: Too Much Ad Copy!
- Orion and VIZ ad for adieu Galaxy Express 999
- What? “Love is in the air at ADV…and so are a lot of jets and exploding elves!” That’s your headline copy folks!
- The feature I wanted to highlight was Anime Weekend Atlanta 1996. It’s a 3 day diary written by Chad Diederichs. Go read now.
- The second feature I though was useful was to scan an interview with the two leads from Oh My Goddess OVA, Scott Simpson (Keiichi) and Juliet Cesario (Belldandy)