This issue was light on ads to chat about. Wait till the next couple of issues. Lots talk about.
Instead, there is a “Video Clips – Japan’s Top 10” that shows “The bestselling animated videos, compile by Original Confidence Research Company”
Here were the top selling titles in Japan as of 6/7/1993
- Ah! My Goddess – Volume 2
- Minky Momo, “A Poem of One Bridge”
- KO Century Three Beastkeepers II Chapter 1
- Lovely Soldier Sailor Moon 2
- Dragon Half – Vol 2
- New Century GPX Cyber Formula 11 Round Five
- Machine God Corps 3
- Lovely Soldier Sailor Moon 1
- Urotsuki Doji “Chapter of the Future” 3
To wrap this one up…why so much copy in all of the early US Manga Corps ads? The following is from the Area 88 ad
“Area 88 is powerfully melancholy, yet rich in feelings of comradery and conquest.”
So…it’s a show with fighter jets and explosions?